Our work around organisational culture, values and leadership continues to gather pace and we held our most recent event on March 7th & 8th over at Ardagh Glass Doncaster.
Over the two days we heard about the cultural story emerging from the Doncaster site. The leadership team presented the key ingredients which have contributed towards this dramatic change in organisational culture.
- Adopting the Hoshin methodology to define objectives and manage improvement
- The use of assessment centres to select new employees
- The development and progression of ‘young leaders’
- Working with Durham Business School to survey all employees and assess progress over recent years.
- The employment of Restorative Practice techniques to build relationships, manage conflict and problem solve.
- Working in the local community and giving something back
- ‘Job chats’ – providing a platform for employees to discuss important issues, provide feedback and set some objectives (around their personal development and career ambitions).
- Managing quality & service when dealing with corporate brands
Thank you to Dan Busfield from the Leeds Rhinos Foundation and Richard Morgan from Durham Business School. A big thank you to the leadership team from Ardagh Glass Doncaster – such a positive story.
We are now working out our next move in order to maintain momentum with this project. Thank you to everyone involved.